We hope to have a produce stand set up at the store sometime this spring. Be on the lookout for updates. We will try to stock as much locally grown produce as possible.
December time vegetables that are in season now are as follows
- Brussels sprouts
- Evergreen herbs
- Leeks and green onions
Recipe of the Month for December
Spinach and Carrot Quiche
Makes 16 servings
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, spinach, carrots, and cook until any spinach liquid has evaporated.
- Remove skillet from hear, and mix in cheese and eggs. Season with red pepper, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Pour 1/2 mixture into each pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes in oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of quiche comes out clean.